Welcome!! With my transition to healthy eating I want to share with you another recipe that keeps me on track. This is a nice cheap meal that can be made.
Ingredients (All bought from Wal-mart)
1 box of Jumbo shells
1-2 canned chicken breast
2 240z Classico Fire Roasted Tomato & Garlic pasta sauce
1 16oz bag of Colby & Monterey Jack cheese
1 bag of frozen brocoli florets
1) Take a big pot and fill it with water and bring it to a boil
2) Place the desired amount of Jumbo shells into the water (I prefer at least 8) pay close attention to the shells, because you do not want the shells to rip.
3) Drain the Jumbo shells and sit them aside
3) Take a small pot fill with water and bring it to a boil. Then add in the brocoli florets and cook until desired.
4) Next take a medium to large-sized bowl and add the canned chicken, brocoli and desired amount of cheese, and 1 jar of Classico Fire Roasted Tomato & Garlic pasta sauce. Mix until desired blend.
5) Pre-heat oven to 350
6) Take a baking pan with handles ( i prefer a glass “5×7” pan) and coat the bottom of the pan with a little bit of olive oil and then some pasta sauce from the second jar
7) Next take 1 shell at a time and carefully spoon in desired amount of chicken mix without splitting or ripping the shells.
8) Place shells in horizontal row with at least a half-inch of space between them
9) Pour desired amount of pasta sauce over the stuffed shells and sprinkle some cheese on top
10) Place them in the oven and let them bake for 20-25 minutes
*Now I like to have a nice salad, a garlic breadstick or two, and maybe a glass of Arbor Mist blackberry Merlot if i’m feeling fancy 🙂
The thing I like about stuffed shells is that you can stuff them with whatever meat you want and whatever veggies that you want!!
Copyright ©2016 AmiableEmpath All Rights Reserved.